You are hereThe definitive handbook for RDA: Resource, Description and Access
The definitive handbook for RDA: Resource, Description and Access
Facet Publishing have announced the release of Maxwell's Handbook for RDA:
Explaining and Illustrating RDA: Resource Description and Access Using MARC21
In this clear and comprehensive resource, cataloguing expert Robert L. Maxwell, author of Maxwell’s Handbook for AACR2 brings his trademark practical commentary to bear on the new, unified cataloguing standard. From books to electronic materials to music and beyond, Maxwell:
• Explains the conceptual grounding of RDA, including FRBR and FRAD
• Addresses the nuances of how cataloguing will, and won’t, change in the MARC21 environment
• Shows cataloguers how to create and work with authority records of persons, families, corporate bodies, geographic entities, works, and expressions
• Explores recording relationships, working with records of manifestations and items, and more
• Provides numerous sample records to illustrate RDA principles.
Comprehensive in its coverage, the book will aid readers in understanding and becoming comfortable with the potentially forbidding new structure of RDA and contains appendices that discuss the treatment of specialised materials.
Maxwell's Handbook for RDA: Explaining and Illustrating RDA: Resource Description and Access Using MARC21: http://www.facetpublishing.co.uk/title.php?id=8323 March 2014, 912pp, paperback, ISBN: 978-1-85604-832-3, £59.95) is published by Facet Publishing and is available from Bookpoint Ltd | Tel: +44 (0)1235 827702 | Fax: +44 (0)1235 827703 | Email: email@example.com | Web: www.facetpublishing.co.uk. | Mailing Address: Mail Order Dept, 39 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon OX14 4TD. The book is available in North America through ALA Editions.
James Williams, Marketing Manager, Facet Publishing
Tel: +44 (0)20 7255 0597