You are hereLibLime CEO Sent as Panelist at RMG's 21st Annual Presidents ‘ Seminar: the View from the Top
LibLime CEO Sent as Panelist at RMG's 21st Annual Presidents ‘ Seminar: the View from the Top
Bethesda, MD – January 3, 2011 –The LibLime Division is sending CEO John Yokley to serve as a panelist at RMG's 21st Annual Presidents ‘ Seminar: the View from the Top, Friday, January 7, in San Diego at the American Library Association’s Annual Midwinter Meeting.
RMG Consultants is an information technology consulting firm specializing in team-based IT procurements and IT Strategic Planning for libraries and Higher Education institutions.
The topic for this year’s discussion is; "Reformation of the Library Automation Industry: Software as a Service (SaaS) Disrupts Traditional ILS Pricing Models"
The panelists will be discussing and debating several topics this year, including:
• The growing and now commonplace acceptance by libraries of ILSaaS (ILS Software as a Service)
• Across-the-board lowering of libraries’ TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) for ILSs provided as ILSaaS: lower vendor one-time and recurring maintenance costs, reduced library requirements for HR and ILS expertise than; vendor -- not library -- responsibility for ILS server infrastructure
• Downplay of differences in vendor prices between Open Source and Proprietary ILSs delivered as services
• The introduction and growth – and now commercialism by for-profit companies – of Open Source Library Systems (OSLSs)
• Significant – perhaps explosive – growth in delivery of ILS as a service (ILSaaS) on a subscription basis
These topics are extremely relevant to LibLime, as 85% of their Koha libraries are using cloud platform hosting services. With such a large per capita usage by customers of hosted services, Mr. Yokley will have many lessons learned to share with the panelists and the audience.
PTFS acquired LibLime in early 2010. PTFS has been providing a variety of software and support services to libraries since 1995. LibLime is the prominent support and development company for the Koha open source ILS. LibLime has been providing SaaS hosting opportunities for libraries since its inception in 2005.
About PTFS & Liblime
LibLime, a division of PTFS, is the global leader in open-source solutions for libraries. Rather than sell software licenses for static, hard-to-customize software products, The PTFS LibLime Division educates libraries about the benefits of open source, enabling them to make choices about how best to provide their communities and staff with better technology services. The PTFS LibLime Division then facilitates deployment of Koha in libraries by providing outstanding consulting, development, implementation, and support/hosting for libraries of all types and sizes. PTFS is also the developer of the world’s leading content management software, ArchivalWare, and specializes in meeting library personnel staffing requirements, digitization, and metadata keying services. For more information, see http://liblime.com or http://ptfs.com or http://archivalware.net.