You are hereSirsiDynix’s Docutek ERes® 5.5.1: New Release Includes Blackboard Integration and Reserve Workflow
SirsiDynix’s Docutek ERes® 5.5.1: New Release Includes Blackboard Integration and Reserve Workflow
PROVO, UT, December 1, 2008 – SirsiDynix, the global leader in strategic technology solutions for libraries, announces the release of SirsiDynix Docutek ERes® 5.5.1. This market-leading product is the original stand-alone, web-based electronic reserves system that over 400 libraries use to offer students around-the-clock access to reserve materials through web-enabled course reserves.
ERes 5.5.1 further enhances this powerful product by incorporating many core product changes and also offering two highly desired modules:
• The new Reserve Workflow module helps faculty members easily submit reserve requests. In addition, the module helps library staff track and fill requests faster, easier, and better.
• The Blackboard module integrates tasks such as adding content to Blackboard course areas, accessing ERes documents in Blackboard, and importing courses and users into ERes from Blackboard.
The ERes 5.5.1 upgrade offers additional product benefits, such as:
• Time Savings: Quickly clone courses, use department pick lists and defaults, import CSV data for instructors and accounts, manage courses centrally, upload and download files in bulk—even zip files.
• Ease of Use: Use “Quickdates” dropdowns from multiple locations, edit templates and publisher letters simply within ERes, use new account group properties to check costs and handle permissions, and enjoy all new easy-to-use help pages.
• Enhanced Functionality: Export all data from courses and accounts, enjoy enhanced alerts plus email security, and choose from more reports, including cost versus usage, unused documents, and documents on reserve sorted by publisher, department, instructor, or course.
Alan Cornish, Head of Library Systems at Washington State University Libraries explained, “Through the use of the ERes Reserve Workflow module, we will be able to continue library management of the electronic reserves program and, at the same time, enable our research faculty to directly submit book and article requests. I believe this will reduce the amount of time it takes for materials to be placed on reserve by the library and will reduce the likelihood of confusion between faculty members and library staff. It will enable us to achieve what we want: an integrated workflow, with research faculty submitting requests and the library performing the processing and copyright management tasks, all within ERes.”
Gary Rautenstrauch, SirsiDynix CEO, said “Our customers have achieved much success through their use of ERes, and we are pleased to extend their capabilities with this new release. ERes 5.5.1 helps libraries effectively manage their course reserves with time savings, ease of use and deep functionality. We are especially pleased that ERes 5.5.1 released on time and with the enhancements promised in the ERes product roadmap. We thank our beta test sites, our developers and our customers for helping us offer this new, enhanced solution to further fill the needs of each academic library reserve program.”
For a private demo or further information, feel free to contact a friendly SirsiDynix sales professional at 1-800-288-8020, ext. 1 or email@example.com. Release notes have also been provided for existing ERes customers at http://www.docutek.com/support/support_eres.html.
# # #
SirsiDynix helps libraries succeed. With SirsiDynix you have the leader in strategic technology solutions on your team, and deep functionality plus experience working for you. SirsiDynix offers a suite of superior library management and user experience solutions. These solutions help libraries improve internal productivity and enhance a library’s capabilities to better meet the needs of people and communities, making libraries more relevant than ever. SirsiDynix serves more than 20,000 library outlets and 300 million people through its 4,000+ library and consortia partners in the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please visit www.sirsidynix.com.
© 2008 Sirsi Corporation, d/b/a SirsiDynix. All rights reserved. Sirsi and SirsiDynix are registered trademarks of Sirsi Corporation in the United States
and in other countries. Other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.